Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Darling Readers

I love you all, my darling readers. When I first created Star of Davida, I figured I’d get a couple hits after a few months, and that would be really awesome. I never thought people would actually read this blog, and certainly not comment on it. (I certainly never thought that people on the caliber of Maggie Anton or A Mother in Israel would.) So I love you all for reading, and commenting. Even when your comments aren’t so nice, like the following dear reader’s.

youre f**king r****ded. first of all hop off your feminist bulls**t because NOONE GIVES A FLYING F**K! two C U Next Tuesday is calling A DUDE a c**t and your having problems with the song because of its title you dont deserve to be graced with keshas amazing music thank you very much. We R Who We R is great for dancing i hate when people call songs with hot dancing beats party songs but its also inspirational to be whoever the f**k you wanna be and do you sooo.... GROW A PEAR is fighting for best song on the record with Blow the track is f**king incredible Kesha does not want a guy thats a p***y no one does she phrased very frankly so that NO ONE is confused. shes telling a story andd dont tell her to tell it. its very cute and funny and is f**king great. and you forgot to review the Bilboard Remix. and Cannibal is freaky but open your mind just a little its about being a maneater getting what you want etcetera the delivery isnt great but its a good track and i feel the message its

I’d like to address this comment on a piece-by-piece basis. (For the record, my original post on Ke$ha is here, and my second post, which this comment was towards, is here.)

youre f**king r****ded. first of all hop off your feminist bulls**t because NOONE GIVES A FLYING F**K!

In only seventeen words, Dear Reader manages to show some great character traits. I must have missed the newest MLA handbook, because I wasn’t aware that capitalization and punctuation was optional. Her* vocabulary is absolutely amazing (the f word twice! Aren’t her parents proud of her?), and she’s extremely sensitive towards the mentally challenged. It’s clear she’s a big friend of feminism, too.

*I'm calling Dear Reader a female just because it's easier. Dear Reader could be a he, I don't know.

two C U Next Tuesday is calling A DUDE a c**t and your having problems with the song because of its title you dont deserve to be graced with keshas amazing music thank you very much.
Dear Reader, have no fear. I understand what “C U Next Tuesday” is saying. (I know that Ke$ha lyrics can be almost on the level of Shakespeare, but I think I managed to analyze them correctly.) If I can’t appreciate the fact that the song uses the worst word in the book, maybe I can’t appreciate Ke$ha’s music, either. Aw, darn. I know I’m missing out on something real special there.

We R Who We R is great for dancing i hate when people call songs with hot dancing beats party songs but its also inspirational to be whoever the f**k you wanna be and do you sooo....

I’ll accept this point, since I know that Ke$ha wrote this after she heard about Tyler Clementi. While “We R Who We R” sounds like an annoying party song (and evidences that Ke$ha has the same MLA handbook as Dear Reader), it does have its positives. Nonetheless, it’s not particularly feminist.

GROW A PEAR is fighting for best song on the record with Blow the track is f**king incredible Kesha does not want a guy thats a p***y no one does she phrased very frankly so that NO ONE is confused. shes telling a story andd dont tell her to tell it. its very cute and funny and is f**king great.

Well, at least I’ll die knowing that Dear Reader likes songs that completely degrade womankind. (Seriously, all you feminist folks reading this. Read the lyrics for yourself, and tell me if I’m right or what.) As I believe I stated in my original post about the song, wanting a man that can support you is certainly a worthwhile message to impart to girls* (especially with current domestic violence statistics), but saying that “I just can’t date a dude with a vag” IS NOT THE WAY TO SAY IT. She can tell her story all she wants, but not by insulting a man by calling him a woman.

*I’m not trying to ignore homosexual girls here, but Ke$ha is singing from a heterosexual point of view.

and you forgot to review the Bilboard Remix.

Yeah, I know. I mentioned “Animal” in my original Ke$ha post, and didn’t see the point in talking about it again.

and Cannibal is freaky but open your mind just a little its about being a maneater getting what you want etcetera the delivery isnt great but its a good track and i feel the message its

Again, Dear Reader, I understand what it’s saying. God graced me with the ability to analyze Ke$ha songs. And it’s still a freaky song that I don’t like.

Please, readers, don’t be put off by this post. I love it when you comment, and I promise I won’t be mean to you and rip your comments up like this, unless they’re as inane as this one.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, anonymous commenter got burned! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's mean to be so sarcastic, but sometimes obnoxious commenters deserve to be burned. lol.

    ReplyDelete