Monday, September 26, 2011

Faces of Feminsim

Today I'm featuring this really awesome campaign that Danielle at Experimentations of Teenage Feminist is running. Contribute your face for feminism!
 

My name is Danielle and I write for a blog called Experimentations of Teenage Feminist. Well, now I have a new mission.

Society is fixated on a very narrow-minded image of what a feminist is “supposed” to look like, and I have a problem with that. On November 24th I’ll be publishing a special blog post titled “The Faces of Feminism” to show just how diverse the feminist community really is.

Please help this little experiment by sending in a picture of yourself for me to post!

Details:

• Photos can be sent to teenagefeminist@gmail.com (Deadline: November 17th)
• Please title your email “This is what a feminist looks like!”
• If you’d like me to link your picture to anything when I post it (i.e. a blog or website), make sure to include the link in your message!

My goal is to collect at least 100 photographs by mid-November, so please tell all of your feminist friends about this project! (For pre-written messages that can be posted on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Tumblr, check out this page.)

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment